Helping Set Up Crippsmas Place!
Traditionally decorations and lights start going up the first weekend after Thanksgiving.
For 2021, that gives us 6 weekend days to set up decorations: (morning shift & afternoon shift each day)
▪ Sat Nov 27 & Sun Nov 28 2021 10am-12:30pm 2-5pm
▪ Sat Dec 4 & Sun Dec 5, 2021 10am-12:30pm 2-5pm
▪ Sat Dec 11 & Sun Dec 12, 2021 10am-12:30pm 2-5pm
We also need help taking down decorations afterward:
▪ Sat Jan 8, 2022 10am-12:30pm 2-5pm
▪ Sun Jan 9, 2022 10am-12:30pm 2-5pm
We welcome volunteers to help with decoration set-up and take-down! Local high school students can earn community service hours to fulfill the graduation requirement.
*** Sorry, you CANNOT earn community service hours required by law enforcement for traffic tickets, etc. ***
Set-up consists of arranging and installing the unique plywood cut-out decorations on the lawns for those neighbors requesting help along Nicolet Avenue and the cul-de-sacs of Asquith Place, Cripps Place, Wellington Place, and Nicolet Court.
We will not have volunteers climb any ladders and working on rooftops; just ground-level work. Tasks involve carrying the wooden decorations, using a mallet to tap in the support stakes, and using a cordless screwdriver to attach the wooden decorations to the metal support stakes.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
Please have interested students and their families e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can add them to the schedule. The student (or parent) should e-mail the following info:
* Student’s name
* Student’s high school
* Student’s preferred work shifts
* Contact phone number (to advise the student of last minute shift changes or cancellations)
* KINDLY INCLUDE “crippsmas” in the email subject line!
For quick questions you can also call or text Kate on her cell phone 510-821-5579.
In Community, Charity, and Childhood Joy,
– Kate Amon
Crippsmas Place Coordinator